Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Violin Guy from the Late Nite Lounge


      
      To the generous and patient theater
going intellects of New York, I would like to apologize for the less than professional candor which, all too often, you are subjected to in "Gazillionaire's Late Night Lounge."
       When the Gazilionaire's people first approached me about the show they assured me it would be a show of integrity in which we would educate and help the populous with our means and understanding.  "The Gazilionaire has been very fortunate and now he wants to share his fortune with those in need."  this is how they pitched the show to me.
       I have, from the beginning, attempted to fill the show with the type of quality programing you might expect from a seasoned philanthropist. Unfortunately, to date, all of my suggestions have either been ignored or twisted into the showy cheap tripe, which saturates "The Gazzilionaire's Late Night Lounge."
        I'm not saying that comedy doesn't have a place in our show.I enjoy a good laugh like anyone else. I have often found myself in stitches admiring the comic styling of great artists such as Emo Philips, Jerry Louis and Gallagher.   I just don't want it to come at the cost of philanthropy and cultural enrichment.
        My good people, I swear that my struggle to bring quality to the stage will not be hindered by frustrated attempts. I will bring integrity to this show I promise.

Thank You,

Dan

1 comment:

Mickey Simple said...

It's spelled Jerry "Lewis", Sparky. Long Live the Gazillionaire!